Let us explore the hive...
This beautiful doublesided puzzle by Mirus Toys let's the child explore the wonderful world of honey bees.
The puzzle has:
🐝 Honeycomb base with 19 cells
🐝 Each cell is engraved with useful information about the hive
🐝 4 cells are engraved with lifecycle stage
🐝 3 cells are engraved with 3 different types of honeybees - queen, drone and worker.
🐝 12 cells are engraved with different jobs worker bees do in and out of the hive
🐝 Back of the base features - anatomy of the bee, lifecycle, types and parasites
🐝 19 inserts matching the information in the cell (13 worker bees, 1 larva, 1 egg, 1 pupa, 1 adult bee, 1 queen & 1 drone) on one side
🐝 Other side of the insert is colored in shades of yellow
- The base is hardwood Maple, the honeycombs are made from Birch
- Images are CMYK ink
- Board is sealed with lindeed oil
Made in United States
Comes with a drawstring storage bag for the honeycomb puzzle pieces.
Learn with Lionheart:
Puzzles are extremely beneficial as a learning tool for children. They can aid in the development of the following:
- Spatial awareness
- Attention to detail and shape recognition
- Hand-eye coordination
- Fine motor skills (grab little yellow Pom poms and have your little bees transfer “pollen” using their fingers or tongs!)
- If played with a partner- social skills, language, communication
- Sequencing (line up the different life stages)
- And all types of learning! Try learning about the jobs each type of bees do in and out of the hive!
- This is a natural wood product. As wood is imperfect, please allow for knots and markings in the wood surface. Every piece of wood is unique!
- CHOKING HAZARD
- Suggested age of use 3+
- We recommend adult supervision while children play with this product/ or any product with small pieces.
Caring for your Lionheart Kids Co. Products:
Wooden toys need some love!
- Please do not submerge them in water. If you need to clean them, wipe with a damp rag.
- We do not recommend scrubbing painted or ink-transferred products.
- Enjoy your toys outside, however do not leave them exposed to the elements.
- Feel free to add extra sealer over time to condition the wood! You can purchase a commercial toy sealer or use a homemade beeswax sealer.